Do you get a thrill out of crafting media pitches and seeing stories come to life? Do you love switching from strategy to quick fire content production to client communication all in an hour’s time? Do you think of yourself as someone who is known for bringing a team together to get things done?
As our Director of Public Relations, you will ensure our team is collaborating effectively to implement PR tactics aligned with our client’s goals and make sure the work product we deliver is top notch. You will also support media relations, social media planning, and create compelling collateral and events for our clients. In addition, you’ll help the team problem-solve, pivot and find creative ways to approach the work. The keys to your success in this role are relationship building, strong PR-writing skills and problem solving.
- Direct PR Implementation work including onboarding new clients, structuring client teams, setting standards for work, holding team members accountable for client deliverables, managing workflow, building client relationships and overseeing work summaries/reporting
- Serve as client lead for specific client projects, confidently lead client calls and deliver press releases, pitches, announcements, talking points, social media content and other materials essential to client goals
- Support team members through brainstorming, bringing new ideas for clients forward, consulting on challenges, partnering to find creative solutions, editing and reviewing work
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Design teams, coordinating resources with our other Directors and contributing to their work as needed
- Coach team members on growth and development through informal feedback, one-on-ones and reviews
- Demonstrate Barefoot PR’s values in any interaction with the team, clients or partners
- Develop and cultivate collaborative working relationships with local and regional media professionals, as well as digital journalists and influencers
- Keep up with trends in public relations as well as the industries related to client work and contribute to Barefoot PR’s thought leadership through speaking engagements and content creation
- Support new business development as requested and spot opportunities to expand work with current clients
- 5-8 years of experience managing a PR team, client management experience at an agency is a plus
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, team members and partners
- Driven to deliver a high quality product, to support team members in their success and to build clients relationships
- Expertise in PR tactics including media pitching, social strategy, measurement, ethical storytelling and writing
- Strong relationships with media professionals and a willingness to develop new relationships
- Ability to solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- A commitment to volunteer service and community involvement
- Barefoot PR’s team members are known for being creative, committed and community minded
How to Apply:
Email the following information to [email protected]:
- Sample of a press release or a media pitch you developed on behalf of a client AND a link or PDF of a media story you helped to secure
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is one way you creatively approached telling a story with the media on behalf of a client
- Tell us about a time you incorporated diverse perspectives, backgrounds and expertise into your work with purpose?
- What is one issue you care deeply about?
- $75,000 – $85,000, with bonus potential
- Time for self renewal is important to us as creative individuals. As such, we offer time off for holidays and your birthday, a week off at year-end, trusted time off vacation policy and a flexible schedule as needed for you to show up as your full self ready to serve the team and our clients.
- We care about our employees as whole people, not just workers. To support you we offer access to a retirement plan with a company match, 75% reimbursement for your individual healthcare monthly premium through Barefoot PR’s healthcare plan, and access to training and development opportunities that will help you be a leader in our field and our community.
- Community involvement is a key part of our company culture. We support our employees as they serve the community by making an annual financial contribution to a nonprofit of your choice, offering paid time off to volunteer and helping you to be a strong community leader.
- Barefoot PR is a team and we work hard to build meaningful relationships with one another. We do this by spending time learning about our community through nonprofit tours, volunteering together, attending social and professional events together, rejuvenating at the spa, feeding our bellies at team lunches and a variety of other activities to spark our creative energy.
- We are a growing, women-owned company. We want to add someone to our team who will help us to build an enviable, supportive and personal company culture.
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common – they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive . We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.