Barefoot PR is seeking up to two undergraduate students, graduate students, or entry-level professionals preparing for a career in public relations, community relations, graphic design and/or marketing. The intern will be asked to work approximately 20 hours per week, with exact schedule and duration of the internship to be mutually decided. The intern will also be asked to work a minimum of two days per week at the Barefoot PR office (1290 N. Broadway, Denver).
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Project management
- Writing and content development
- Media list development
- Communications with the media
- General and client-related research
- Social media management
- Graphic and web design
- Administrative duties
We are seeking highly motivated students or entry-level professionals who have a strong desire to improve their community. Students majoring in communications, public relations, graphic design, marketing or business are preferred; however, applicants with other comparable degrees will be considered based on experience.
The following traits are desired in an internship candidate:
- Experience with and understanding of the public relations profession
- Interest in supporting and maintaining a healthy community
- Willingness and ability to work alone and self-motivate
- Ability to write in a clear, concise manner
- Understanding of graphic design and associated softwares
- Ability to cultivate relationships
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
Please fill out the application. You will need to upload a resume, cover letter and either a press release sample (for PR interest) or a design portfolio (for graphic design interest).