Were you born to tell stories? Do you love crafting blog posts, social content and awards? Do you get a thrill out of pitching media and seeing the stories come to life? Do you think of yourself as someone who is known for getting things done?
As a PR Associate, you will develop compelling content for newsletters, blogs, social media, byline articles, award nominations and more. You will also help businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and foundations build their reputations through media pitching, social media management and other creative PR tactics. You must have an interest in both nonprofit and CSR storytelling, and the keys to your success in this role are curiosity, strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Supports media relations through list building, pitching and monitoring
- Develops collaborative working relationships with local and regional media
- Drafts compelling press releases, pitches, announcements, talking points, award nominations, blogs, byline articles, website content, etc.
- Supports social media through monitoring, responding and crafting content based on a social media roadmap
- Participates in client support through meetings, conference calls and relationship building
- Works in collaboration with the team to ensure work is tracked and deliverables are met for each client
- Excellent writing skills and a mastery of AP Style
- 1-3 years of PR/marketing experience, media relations experience preferred
- Experience using a media database (Cision preferred), social media management platforms (Sprout Social preferred), Google Drive
- Outcomes focused and driven to “get things done”
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people from diverse ethnic, educational and professional backgrounds
- Ability to solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Driven to support team members in their success and deliver a high quality product for clients
- A commitment to volunteer service and community involvement
- Barefoot PR’s team members are known for being creative, committed and community minded
- NOTE: this is an in-person position located at Barefoot PR’s office near Downtown Denver
How to Apply
Email the following information to [email protected]:
- Sample of a press release or other piece of content you developed
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is one way you creatively approached telling a story with the media on behalf of a client
- Tell us about a time you incorporated diverse perspectives, backgrounds and expertise into your work with purpose?
- What is one issue you care deeply about?
- $45,000 – $55,000 (based on experience), with bonus potential
- Time for self renewal is important to us as creative individuals. As such, we offer time off for holidays and your birthday, a week off at year-end, trusted time off vacation policy and a flexible schedule as needed for you to show up as your full self ready to serve the team and our clients.
- We care about our employees as whole people, not just workers. To support you we offer access to a retirement plan with a company match, 75% reimbursement for your individual healthcare monthly premium through Barefoot PR’s healthcare and dental plans, and access to training and development opportunities that will help you be a leader in our field and our community.
- Community involvement is a key part of our company culture. We support our employees as they serve the community by making an annual financial contribution to a nonprofit of your choice, offering paid time off to volunteer and helping you to be a strong community leader.
- Barefoot PR is a team and we work hard to build meaningful relationships with one another. We do this by spending time learning about our community through nonprofit tours, volunteering together, attending social and professional events together, rejuvenating at the spa, feeding our bellies at team lunches and a variety of other activities to spark our creative energy.
- We are a growing, women-owned company. We want to add someone to our team who will help us to build an enviable, supportive and personal company culture.
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common – they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive. We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.