Transitioning from start-up to stability with a Communications Roadmap.
Colorado Smart Cities Alliance was a fast-growing membership organization ready to transition from start-up to industry expert. Following a research-based messaging process, Barefoot PR partnered with the Alliance to develop a Communications Roadmap to guide its newly hired communications director in bringing strategy to communications and providing regular updates to members, positioning the executive director as a subject matter expert and gaining more media attention for its unique model and key projects.
Colorado Smart Cities Alliance’s Communications Roadmap included:
- Editorial Calendar identifying themes for member communications, social media, blogs and media pitching
- Story Bank including evergreen and time sensitive stories about the organization, its key projects and industry positions
- Media List with pitch ideas for statewide media and industry media
- Project Timeline Template to guide PR new multi-stakeholder projects
- Subject Matter Expert recommendations for the organization’s executive director
“Working with Barefoot PR was easy, intuitive and fun, which is what I look for in a good partner. They took our complex mission and value proposition and translated it into a concise messaging platform for the key audiences we need to reach. They were fun and brought great energy, and we’re looking for ways to continue working with them in the future!”
– Tyler Svitak, Executive Director of Colorado Smart Cities Alliance