The Denver office of Polsinelli had struggled to gain traction with PR efforts. While the office had grown significantly and expanded its areas of expertise, media attention was reactive and uneven across practice groups. The firm partnered with Barefoot PR to flip the switch from reactive to proactive, charging us with increasing visibility of key practice areas and the subject matter expertise of specific attorneys.
Barefoot PR met with attorneys across practice groups to identify target audiences, markets and areas of expertise. Next, we built a PR Roadmap to organize our actions and get ahead of potential pitches. In the first six months of our engagement, Barefoot PR explored more than 30 proactive media pitches for firm announcements and practice groups showcasing the expertise of individual attorneys. We placed 11 stories with local and regional media outlets, coordinated and developed content for an advertorial with ColoradoBiz Magazine, and supported two award nominations for the firm.
The PR Roadmap included:
- Editorial Calendar for key publications and outlets
- Subject Matter Expert Guide to organize expertise of key spokespeople
- Pitch Tracker to help us keep track of pitching by practice group
- Awards Tracker to proactively identify awards for attorneys and the firm
- Measurement and Reporting benchmarks