Guiding a foundation from in-person fundraiser to virtual event in 10 days.
In March 2020, days before COVID-19 stay at home orders were announced, Barefoot PR guided the Kempe Foundation through a preemptive decision to take its largest annual fundraiser from in-person to virtual. With 10 days to make the transition happen, Barefoot PR’s job was to communicate the change, engage participants in giving and create a compelling story-driven narrative for both the event’s keynote and award recipients.
Our team jumped into action immediately, pivoting our event communications plan to increase pre-event communication and build tools for digital engagement and virtual storytelling to take the place of a fully produced in-person event. Our work helped the Foundation exceed its fundraising goal for the event, soliciting donations from Kempe’s high net worth supporter base entirely online.
Our work included:
- Creating e-mail and social content to promote the event
- Securing a broadcast professional to serve as a virtual event emcee
- Coordinating a 12-hour “Virtual Day of Giving” in partnership with the event emcee
- Drafting a script and Run of Show for the 12-hour virtual event
- Pre-recording videos with Kempe representatives, donors and industry professionals
- Producing targeted content for e-mail blasts and social media to further engagement