Do you see life in HTML? Do you believe intuitive UX and responsive UI can change lives? Are you comfortable building interactive website features? Then you might be just the person Barefoot PR is looking for.
As our Web Development Contributor, you will work on an hourly basis on specific projects alongside our Design Director to build out web pages, custom templates and edit and maintain websites to help our nonprofit, government and community-minded for-profit clients share their stories with a variety of audiences. In collaboration with the public relations team, you will transform words and concepts into well-designed, functional websites. The keys to your success in this role are knowledge of relevant coding languages, collaboration, attention to detail and flexibility.
- Contribute to website design and development for clients including project management and building CMS sites (primarily WordPress)
- Website maintenance including updating/installing new themes for clients’ websites, content/code updates, troubleshooting website problems and managing apps/plugins
- Write well-designed, tested code incorporating best practices for mobile responsive design and web accessibility standards
- Translate and apply existing brand standards to web and digital platforms
- Collaborate with client design team and other design consultants
- Participate in client meetings
- Ensure work is tracked and deliverables are met for each client
- Minimum 3 years of web development experience, working with nonprofit and purpose-driven organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Google tag manager/Google Analytics/SEO best practices
- Desire to collaborate with a team to achieve the best results for clients
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Driven to deliver a high quality product, to support team members in their success and help grow the business
How to Apply
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Link to portfolio or PDF work samples
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is one way you creatively approached web design to meet a client’s needs?
- What is one issue you care deeply about?
- $50 – $70 per hour (based on experience)
- Depending on start date, may be able to guarantee a minimum number of hours per month
- Potential to be considered for PTE or FTE after a contract trial period
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common — they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive. We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.