Do you see life in HTML? Do you believe intuitive UX and responsive UI can change lives? Are you comfortable building websites, email templates, collateral and social graphics? Then you might be just the person Barefoot PR is looking for.
As our Web Design Associate, you will work with our design team to create compelling visual tools to help our nonprofit, government and community-minded for-profit clients share their stories with a variety of audiences. In collaboration with the public relations team, you will transform words and concepts into websites and collateral. The keys to your success in this role are creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and flexibility.
- Support website design and development for clients including project management, building CMS sites (mainly WordPress, but also Shopify, Squarespace, Wix), updating/creating new themes for clients’ websites, troubleshooting website problems and managing apps/plugins
- Translate and apply existing brand standards to design and build responsive web pages
- Collaborate with the team to deliver innovative design solutions that help elevate our clients’ brands and storytelling efforts
- Keep up with trends and changes in design/technology
- Manage multiple design requests for clients
- Collaborate with client design team and other design consultants as needed
- Participate in client meetings
- Work in partnership with design team, as well as the implementation and strategy teams to ensure work is tracked and deliverables are met for each client
- Support buildout of websites and help to ensure our client deliverables are designed and presented in a manner reflective of our brand and our clients’ expectations
- 2-3 years of web design experience, working with nonprofit and purpose-driven organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and WCAG standards
- Proficiency of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Figma for building site mockups
- Experience with WordPress builders such as Beaver Builder, Elementor and Gutenberg
- Experience working with APIs a plus
- Desire to collaborate with a team to achieve the best results for clients
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Driven to deliver a high quality product, to support team members in their success and help grow the business
- Desire to learn and grow in a purpose-driven environment
- A commitment to volunteer service and community involvement — Barefoot PR’s team members are known for being creative, committed and community minded
How to Apply
Email the following information to email@example.com:
- Portfolio showcasing web development abilities (PDF or link to web version)
- Answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time you incorporated diverse perspectives, backgrounds and expertise into your work with purpose?
- What is one issue you care deeply about?
- $45,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience, with bonus potential
- Time for self renewal is important to us as creative individuals. As such, we offer time off for holidays and your birthday, a week off at year-end, trusted time off vacation policy and a flexible schedule as needed for you to show up as your full self ready to serve the team and our clients.
- We care about our employees as whole people, not just workers. To support you we offer access to a retirement plan with a company match, 75% reimbursement for your individual healthcare and dental care monthly premium through Barefoot PR’s group plans, and access to training and development opportunities that will help you be a leader in our field and our community.
- Community involvement is a key part of our company culture. We support our employees as they serve the community by making an annual financial contribution to a nonprofit of your choice, offering paid time off to volunteer and helping you to be a strong community leader.
- Barefoot PR is a team and we work hard to build meaningful relationships with one another. We do this by spending time learning about our community through nonprofit tours, volunteering together, attending social and professional events together, rejuvenating at the spa, feeding our bellies at team lunches and a variety of other activities to spark our creative energy.
- We are a growing, women-owned company. We want to add someone to our team who will help us to build an enviable and supportive company culture.
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common — they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive. We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.