Do you love helping organizations clearly communicate to the audiences they care about most? Are you able to switch from strategy to media pitching to client communication all in an hour’s time? Do you think of yourself as someone who is known for getting things done? Are you skilled at building results-driven digital campaigns using both paid advertising and organic content? Then you might be just the person Barefoot PR is looking for.
As a Senior PR Associate, you will serve as a client lead for a portfolio of nonprofits, government agencies and socially-responsible businesses, confidently leading a team to execute media relations, subject matter expert building tactics, digital communications, events and other creative PR tactics. You will partner with our design and strategy teams to develop high-quality collateral, campaign plans and content. In addition, you will be Barefoot PR’s point person for digital campaigns, building/managing budgets, working with the team to implement and optimize both paid digital and organic social content, and tracking/reporting on outcomes. The keys to your success in this role are relationship building, clear communication, attention to detail and problem solving.
- Serves as a client lead for several accounts, and is responsible for new client onboarding, scheduling, progress updates, relationship management, work reporting/tracking
- Supports the client team by assigning roles, reviewing work, keeping them updated on pivots, and problem solving
- Develops collaborative working relationships with traditional and online journalists, participating in pitching, client prep for media interviews and other media relations tactics
- Produces content (i.e. press releases, award nominations, pitches, articles, announcements, talking points, website content, social media content and other materials essential to public relations activities)
- Recommends budgets and goals for paid advertising/digital campaigns, and manages implementation of campaigns by ensuring quality control, monitoring performance daily, pulling reports as needed and developing action plans based on findings
- Partners with Web team to implement and refine Search Engine Marketing strategy
- Responds to client issues quickly and finds creative solutions/proactively identifies potential issues and suggests pivots
- Mentors associates, consults with the team, supports the Barefoot PR blog and develops training and tools for clients and the community
- Participates in the business development process by consulting on scopes and and spotting opportunities to expand work with current clients
- Minimum 5 years of experience in PR/communication, client management and government agency experience are a plus
- Expert writing skills, specifically AP Style and writing for social media
- Outcomes focused, success driven and a skilled project manager
- Understanding of a broad array of digital communications platforms and tactics including GoogleAdwords, Meta platforms, LinkedIn, YouTube, digital engagement, advertising, media relations, content creation, etc.
- Success building relationships with media professionals, and a willingness to develop new relationships
- Ability to solve problems and find answers to tough questions
- Driven to deliver a high quality product, to support team members in their success and help grow the business
- A commitment to volunteer service and community involvement
- Barefoot PR’s team members are known for being creative, committed and community-minded
How to Apply
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Sample of a press release or a media pitch you developed on behalf of a client AND a link or PDF of a media story you helped to secure
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is one way you creatively approached telling a story with the media on behalf of a client
- Tell us about a time you incorporated diverse perspectives, backgrounds and expertise into your work with purpose?
- What is one issue you care deeply about?
- $65,000 – $75,000 (based on experience), with bonus potential
- Time for self renewal is important to us as creative individuals. As such, we offer time off for holidays and your birthday, a week off at year-end, trusted time off vacation policy and a flexible schedule as needed for you to show up as your full self ready to serve the team and our clients.
- We care about our employees as whole people, not just workers. To support you we offer access to a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, 75% reimbursement for your individual healthcare and dental care monthly premiums through Barefoot PR’s group plans, and access to training and development opportunities that will help you be a leader in our field and our community.
- Community involvement is a key part of our company culture. We support our employees as they serve the community by making an annual financial contribution to a nonprofit of your choice, offering paid time off to volunteer and helping you to be a strong community leader.
- Barefoot PR is a team and we work hard to build meaningful relationships with one another. We do this by spending time learning about our community through nonprofit tours, volunteering together, attending social and professional events together, rejuvenating at the spa, feeding our bellies at team lunches and a variety of other activities to spark our creative energy.
- We are a growing, women-owned company. We want to add someone to our team who will help us to build an enviable, supportive and personal company culture.
About Barefoot PR
We are a team of creative and passionate professionals who believe people have the power to change the world for the better. Our job is to shine a light on the incredible work our clients do so the audiences they care about see it clearly. We work with nonprofits, government agencies and businesses who have one thing in common – they are committed to making communities better. From helping a nonprofit with a behavior change campaign to working with a business to tell their community impact story, we invest in the work we do because it makes a difference. As a team, our strength is in the collaborative approach we bring to each client. We bring our whole team to the table to make the dream work. As people, we recognize the privilege and blind spots we have. We are intentional in our listening and learning to ensure our words and our work are inclusive. We work hard and we have fun. But we always place a high standard on the quality of work we produce for clients because we know our words matter.
Barefoot PR Inclusion Statement
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued and supported. Barefoot PR recruits, employs, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.